The Commission on Elections (Comelec) called all qualified Filipino citizens who are not registered as overseas voters to file their application at the authorised nearest embassy, consulate or other registration centres.
The registration is needed to qualify for the 30-day voting period which will commence on 13 April 2019 until 13 May 2019.
Filing of application for registration shall be from 1 December 2016 to 31 October 2018.
The notice is in line with Republic Act No. 9189, which was amended by RA No. 10590.
The law mandates that all citizens who are not disqualified by law at least 18 years of age on 13 May 2019, and who are registered voters, may vote for Senators and Party-List Representatives.
To register and for biometrics capturing, all applicants must personally appear at either of the following:
- Philippine Embassy in Canberra 1 Moonah Place
Yarralumla ACT 2600
- Philippine Consulate General in Sydney 27-33 Wentworth Avenue
Sydney NSW 2000
Applicants must bring the following requirements:
- photocopy of valid passport
- if dual citizen, copy of oath of allegiance or proof of Philippine citizenship from the Bureau of Immigration;
- for seamen, copy of seaman’s book.
The time of voting will be announced later.