Seeking for a qualified FABRICATOR
- Kerang location
- Family owned and operated
- Exciting opportunity with a growing company
Looking for a unique culture and values-driven workplace? Are you success and results driven? Do you want to feel valued and nurtured? Then look no further we may have that role you have been waiting for!
Looking for a tree change? Kerfab Industries is located in Kerang, 280kms north of Melbourne. Kerang exudes country charm and the surrounding region is brimming with nature including the Kerang Wetlands and great fishing in the Loddon River. The all year-round sunny climate makes it the perfect place for those who love the outdoors.
Kerfab Industries is a Family owned business providing the very best in attachment solutions to the market via a dealership network throughout Australia. Offering great employment security and career opportunities, we hold a very clear vision for success and growth and seek the expertise of a Fabricator to join our team. We are looking for a person who not only has the experience but someone who has the right attitude and values. As a values driven business it is important that we attract the right people who will be the right fit within our culture.
About the role…
Reporting to the Operations Manager the Fabricator is responsible for the manufacturing of materials handling attachments to the engineering specifications and in line with best practice to a high standard of workmanship.
You will be responsible for the following key functions:
- Follow drawings, written and verbal instructions from the Operations Manager to effectively process, weld/fabricate componentry and products to a stage ready for blasting/painting.
- Operate machinery, forklifts, overhead cranes and hand tools according to Industry good practice and Kerfab Industries safe working procedures.
- Assist in keeping work areas clean, tidy and safe at all times.
- Maintain punctuality in regard of start and finish times and work overtime as the job requires to ensure production schedules are met.
- Maintain internal Quality checks and complete relevant paperwork to ensure all processing and fabrication meets Kerfab Industries quality standards.
- To regard Kerfab Industries Management standards of personal presentation, language, conduct and attitude in dealing with other staff, Kerfab Industries clients and suppliers
- Participate and assist with all Lean practices and process improvement.
This role requires previous experience in a Fabricator role in the manufacturing industry.
- Previous experience in a similar role essential.
- Relevant qualification in welding or fabrication engineer preferred but not essential.
- Experience in heavy fabrication.
- Experience in reading 3D CAD drawings.
- Work autonomously.
- Meet deadlines.
- Solid communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail
- Understanding of OH&S requirements
You will have a can-do attitude, a strong work ethic and be able to work well under pressure.
We look forward to receiving your application which should include an up to date CV and a covering letter detailing why you think you are the best person for the job. Please send your CV to Natalie Bol at firstname.lastname@example.org.