Pacquiao-Khan fight now official, says Koncz

0
402

MANILA, March 1 (PNA) — The boxing netizens’ plea will finally happen.

Manny Pacquiao’s adviser Mike Koncz said on Wednesday that the 11-time world boxing champion in an unprecedented eight weight divisions that Pacquiao’s upcoming fight against former sparring partner Amir Khan is on.

The development came after Koncz met with Top Rank president Bob Arum to tell him that both Pacquiao and Khan have agreed in terms of their fight as told publicly on Sunday via Twitter.

Koncz also said he was fine with his statements not aligning with what Arum said in the past as they both wanted what was best for the current WBO welterweight champ.

However, the said match, according to Koncz, is now set for May 20 in UAE.

Koncz also believes both pugilists will be fine having their match moved a month later.

Khan is fresh from a stinging defeat to Saul Alvarez for the WBC and Ring Magazine middleweight championships last year.

Pacquiao, on the other hand, will be making the defense of his WBO welterweight title that he got from Jessie Vargas last November.

Related video

Leave a Reply