The Western Australian Community Achievement Awards Gala was held on 27 October 2023 at the Hyatt Regency Perth, celebrating notable individuals and their contributions to the community. Filipino-Australian Dr. Vanessa Atienza-Hipolito, a Clinical Breast Radiologist and Solopreneur, was honoured as a nominee for the Awards Australia Local Legend Award, presented by Mr. Yaz Mubarakai MLA on behalf of Premier Roger Hugh Cook MLA.
The event, hosted by 7NEWS Presenter Rebecca Johns, saw over 300 guests coming together to celebrate the achievements of individuals and groups from across the state.
The 9 category winners, announced at the event were:
- Shire of Manjimup – Property Care Team – APM Sustainable Disability Employment Award
- Desert Blue Connect – Awards Australia Charitable Foundation Mental Health and Wellbeing Award
- Rach Mac – Awards Australia Local Legend Award
- Deanne Hedland – Curtin University, School of Education Teaching Excellence Award
- Bullara Station Stay – Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development Economic Development Award
- Red Dirt Driving Academy (RDDA) / Ngarliyarndu Bindirri Aboriginal Corporation – Insurance Commission of Western Australia Regional Safety Award
- The Good Egg Cafe Pty Ltd – Konica Minolta Customer Service Award
- Impact Digi – Rinehart Development of Northern Regional WA Award
- Tom Price Emergency Services Cadet Corps – Woolworths Community Group of the Year Award
Each winner received a prize package worth more than $1,500 which included a $500 Woolworths Gift Card and a trophy.
The gala also announced Dave Seegar as the People’s Choice Award Winner, who received a $500 gift voucher from Woolworths.
The night marked a successful end to a year that saw over 330 nominations for the awards from across Western Australia.