‘Content’ is the content of the PhilTimes website that is visible through use of a web browser.
‘PhilTimes Website’ is the PhilTimes website that You are currently using, but does not include websites to which this website has links;
‘You’ are the user of the PhilTimes website;
Unless indicated otherwise:
- intellectual property rights subsisting in the Content and the PhilTimes Website are owned by Filcom Publishing Pty Ltd (Filcom);
- You may use the Content for non-commercial education purposes provided You retain all copyright notices and acknowledgements.
- You are not permitted to:
- adapt the Content for any purposes, whether non-commercial educational or otherwise;
- use the Content or the PhilTimes Website or any part of them, for commercial purposes or without the copyright notices and acknowledgements;
- do anything with the Content that would infringe the moral rights of the creator of the Content or the PhilTimes Website;
- circumvent any Technological Protection Measure (for example a password) or interfere with any Electronic Rights Management Information.
Filcom has compiled the Content in good faith and has endeavoured to ensure that all Content is accurate and does not breach any entity’s rights at the time of its inclusion. However, the Content may contain unintentional errors and is provided ‘as is’.
Where You use the Content in accordance with these Terms, You do not need to comply with the requirements of any statutory licence (for example pay royalties to a copyright collecting society such as Copyright Agency Limited (CAL)) for that Content.
In accessing the Content on the PhilTimes Website, You agree to keep Your password for the PhilTimes Website secret and confidential.
If You have reason to believe that a password is no longer secure (for example, if it has been lost or stolen), You must promptly notify Filcom of the problem by sending an email to email@example.com and, where possible, immediately change or arrange for the changing of the password.
The PhilTimes Website contains links to Internet sites:
- not controlled by Filcom (‘non-Filcom Sites’); and
- controlled by Filcom, for example, gGoryoPictures.com (‘Filcom Sites’).
It is Your responsibility to read and comply with any copyright information, notices or conditions of use which apply to non-Filcom Sites and Filcom Sites.
At the time of development of the PhilTimes Website, Filcom reviewed the content on non-Filcom Sites. However as content on the non-Filcom Sites is not controlled by Filcom such content may change over time. If You discover that the content on a Non Filcom Site is unexpected or inappropriate for an education audience please contact Filcom as soon as possible.
Your access to the non-Filcom Sites and use of their content is at Your own risk, and subject to the legal notices and privacy policies of the non-Filcom Sites. Filcom makes no representations as to, and is not liable for, the non-Filcom Sites including, without limitation, the accuracy of, or the intellectual property rights subsisting in or the content of the non-Filcom Sites.
Limitation of liability
To the maximum extent lawful, Filcom:
- excludes all warranties in respect of the PhilTimes Website and the Content; and
- is not liable for:
- any loss or damage however caused resulting from the use of the PhilTimes Website or the Content; or
- any incidental, special or consequential damages of any nature arising from the use of or inability to use the PhilTimes Website or the Content.
Rights and permissions
For all queries relating to permissions, rights and copyright please email the Filcom Copyright and Permissions department or contact Filcom on +61 411 566 885.
Filcom respects the privacy of individuals and protects personal information and complies with relevant Australian privacy laws.
‘Personal information’ means any information or opinion about You from which Your identity is apparent or can be reasonably established.
In the process of registration, Filcom may collect the following information:
- business or company name;
- email address; and
- telephone or mobile number.
Filcom will use Your personal information only for the purpose for which it has been collected. Information collected through the registration process for the PhilTimes Website will be used by Filcom only for the purposes of:
- banner advertising, classified advertising, business directory, events guide, and similar directories found in the PhilTimes Website;
- informing registered users of updates to the PhilTimes Website; and
- determining usage patterns in order to improve PhilTimes or develop new services
If You believe that the personal information that Filcom holds about You is incorrect, please contact Filcom at firstname.lastname@example.org and Filcom will take reasonable steps to amend that information.
Filcom takes reasonable steps to protect the personal information that it holds from misuse, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.