The Philippine Times has compiled the following list to assist those who are concerned about the devastating bushfires around Australia. These were sourced out from Australian Federal and State websites.
Information on current bushfire situation
Please visit the relevant state or territory emergency management website:
- New South Wales – https://www.emergency.nsw.gov.au/
- Victoria – https://www.emv.vic.gov.au/
- Queensland – https://www.disaster.qld.gov.au/Pages/default.aspx
- Western Australia – https://semc.wa.gov.au/
- South Australia – https://www.safecom.sa.gov.au/site/emergency_management.jsp
- Tasmania – http://www.dpac.tas.gov.au/divisions/osem
- Northern Territory – https://nt.gov.au/emergency
- Australian Capital Territory – https://esa.act.gov.au/
Concerns for family and friends in Australia
This service registers, finds and reunites family and friends after an emergency.
Australian Red Cross – ‘Register.Find.Reunite’: – https://register.redcross.org.au
For those travelling to Australia
According to the Australian government, while large rural areas have been affected, most of Australia remains safe and continues to welcome visitors.
All international airports are operating as normal. One of the best ways to support Australian communities, and the tourism sector, is to keep visiting.
Tourism Australia posted a summary of some of the most popular destinations for travellers and whether they have been impacted by the current fires.
Latest news advisory
Bushfire relief donations
The following Australian organisations are accepting direct donations in Australia for bushfire relief:
- Australian Red Cross
- The Salvation Army
- New South Wales Rural Fire Service
- Victorian Bushfire Appeal
- South Australian Country Fire Service
- Wires (injured animals)
Counselling and support
For those who may need support or counselling during this crisis, there are a number of online and telephone services available:
Lifeline – call 13 11 14 or visit lifeline.org.au/
Beyond Blue – call 1300 22 46 36 or visit beyondblue.org.au/get-support/get-immediate-support
Get more stories like this in your inbox!
Sign up for our newsletter and receive regular updates.