To our kababayans applying for visa to Australia, delayed registration of birth requires additional documents to be submitted to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.

These are:

  1. Certified true copy of Baptismal Certificate
  2. Certified true copy of Nursery, Kindergarten or Preparatory School Records
  3. Certified true copy of Permanent Elementary School Record
  4. Certified true copy of Permanent Secondary School Record

To obtain a passport if birth registration is delayed, these are the requirements:

  1. Personal appearance is required.
  2. Confirmed appointment.
  3. Duly accomplished application form which may be downloaded from the DFA website,
  4. Birth Certificate (BC) in Security Paper (SECPA) issued by the National Statistics Office (NSO) or Certified True Copy (CTC) of BC issued by the Local Civil Registrar (LCR) and duly authenticated by NSO. Transcribed Birth Certificate from the LCR is required when entries in NSO Birth Certificate are blurred or unreadable.
  5. Authenticated Marriage Certificate of parents from the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA)/Foreign Marriage Contract
  6. For minors below 18 years old:
    a. Personal appearance of either parent. – if minor is  not travelling with either parent, submit an original and photocopy of DSWD Clearance and Affidavit of Support and Consent.
    b. If both parents are abroad, such an affidavit must be authenticated by the nearest Philippine Embassy or Consulate General.
    c. If application is filed by person other than the minor’s parents, submit Special Power of Attorney (SPA). If executed abroad, SPA must be authenticated by the nearest Philippine Embassy or Consulate General.
    d. Passport and photocopy of the passport of person travelling with the minor.
  7. Document of identity with photo, if minor is 8-17 years old, such as School ID or Form 137 with readable dry seal.
  8. For unmarried parents:
    a. If child is using the surname of the father, submit an Affidavit to Use the Surname of the Father (AUSF) to be executed by the mother and Affidavit of Acknowledgement of Paternity to be executed by the father. If the two affidavits will be executed in the Philippines, these should be registered first as Legal Instruments at the Local Civil Registry Office of the place of execution.
    b. If child/is using the surname of the mother, submit Birth Certificate of the mother and an Affidavit of Illegetamacy, duly notarised.
  9. If child is using the surname of the mother, and father wants to acknowledge the child:
    a. Submit Affidavit of  Acknowledgement of Paternity to be executed by the father. If the affidavit is executed in the Philippines, this should be registered first as Legal Instrument at the Local Civil Registry Office of the place of execution.
    b. Passport of Parents (valid at the time of the birth of the child) and photocopies of bio-data pages.
    c. In case of unavailability, execute an Affidavit of Non-submission of Document and attach a copy valid/recent passport or any valid ID [(i.e., Green card or permanent resident card, copy of visa (at the time of birth of the child), working permit if working abroad at the time of birth of the child].
  10. Notarised Affidavit of Delayed Registration (required only for children who are more than one year old)
  11. Notarised Affidavit of Two Disinterested Persons (required only for children who are more than one year old).
  12. Negative Certification of Birth Record from the PSA (CRS Form No. 1)

(Felix Carao is a Registered Migration Consultant (MARN 1069354), a Qualified Education Counselor (QEAC G028), and an Accredited Recruitment Professional (MRCSA 51889). For enquiries, call 0412 321 187 or email or visit

Subscribe for more!

Stay connected by receiving the latest stories of interest to Filipino-Australians delivered straight to your inbox!


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here