In spite of the havoc that this pandemic brings into this world, there are lots of things that COVID-19 made me realise, especially learning what is important during the time of isolation.
It completely changed my perspective on life. I learned to appreciate more things I had taken for granted before this pandemic seeped into our lives.
In hindsight, we all had the chance to reflect and analyse the excesses we had before the pandemic, such as:
- I do not need to buy those extra dresses that just accumulate in my wardrobe
- Those pair of shoes I will only use once.
- I do not need expensive jewellery that I hardly wear.
- Finally, I do not have to have those designer bags that in my opinion are a waste of money.
They are only material things that are not a necessity and I can live without.
COVID-19 truly made me appreciate more simple things in life and these are:
- A smile on my face each time I hear the sound of the cascading rain pouring down on my roof whilst falling asleep at night. It denotes the breath of life needed by nature and humans.
- The children’s laughter enjoying as kids, pure innocence and not knowing the perils and sufferings of the present time.
- The scene of a family gathering eager to see in the flesh all their loved ones and interacting with one another.
- The dedication of health workers, scientists working together with love and helping the sick to overcome this invisible enemy we are facing.
- All the charity volunteers helping those who are needing the most.
- All people who are doing the right thing and adhering to the rules implemented by our Government.
Indeed, these are the things that made me smile immensely.
Although 2020 is a year that will never be forgotten, I have great hope that 2021 will be a better year.
This year, I wish most of us will still practice the virtue of caring, sharing and looking after one another.
This virus certainly impelled us to be humble, because whoever you may be, one’s status in the community does not make one immune. This virus does not discriminate.
So how about you…. What did you learn from COVID-19?
Excerpts from my book “My Innermost Thoughts”
All of us have gone through several stages in life
Each stage is a learning experience
At the end it is nice to look back
Not counting the years you have gone through
But counting the special moments that you had been through
Visit lornasbook.com for Lorna Ramirez’s titles.
Get more stories like this in your inbox!
Sign up for our newsletter and receive regular updates.