Having a fractured or stained smile is a nightmare for many people. We have grown a habit to cover our smiles with the help of our hands so that we can hide our imperfect frown. Well, it is time for you to move these hands out and smile freely with the help of composite veneers.
Composite veneers are used in cosmetic dentistry to improve and enhance the aesthetic aspect of your smile and help you give a confidence-boosting and gorgeous smile. The plus point of this dental treatment is that you need not go under extensive knife procedure as they are cemented directly on your teeth and can be custom-built.
If you have always wanted to improve your smile then composite veneers Melbourne might be a good option for you. In cosmetic dentistry, veneers are just one of several options that can enhance your smile and alter the appearance of the teeth.
So, you will ask; can I get composite veneers?
Who’s a candidate to get composite veneers Melbourne?
Composite veneers are made from tooth-coloured resin which is also used in the dental bonding process. Composite veneers can cover up your flawed teeth and give you a bright and white smile. If you have crooked, misshapen, chipped, stained, discoloured, damaged teeth or the enamel of your teeth has worn then you can get composite veneers.
Crowns and composite veneers perform the same task; they cover parts of your teeth. However, there is a huge difference between them as veneers are thicker and cover more area than crowns. Additionally, you will need to trim your teeth if you want crowns installed in your mouth. In composite veneers Melbourne, trimming may or may not be needed.
If your teeth are in heal and hearty condition and you just want to change the appearance of your teeth then you can go for composite veneers. However, if you have serious damage to your teeth like a broken tooth or need a root canal treatment then crowns are a more sensible option as compared to dental veneers.
What are the types of composite veneers Melbourne?
There 2 options available for you to choose from namely: direct and indirect composite veneers.
Direct composite veneers
Made from resin-based material; direct composite veneers are usually the first choice of many people because of the easy process. They are directly cemented on your teeth. The time taken for preparing your teeth for the procedure is less and the process itself is minimally invasive.
Indirect composite veneers
The main difference between direct and indirect veneers is how they are cemented on your teeth as the material used to make them is similar. Indirect veneers are made in the dental office or high-tech labs. These veneers are more durable and have the ability to withstand more wear and tear and resist fracture and damage as compared to direct composite veneers.
Let’s see how indirect veneers are cemented in your mouth.
What is the procedure to get indirect composite veneers Melbourne?
Getting composite veneers is a very easy process as you can get veneers cemented on your teeth in just a few appointments. Plus, you need not spend much time on the dentist’s chair as the process involves very minimal to non-invasive methods.
What follows is the steps for getting composite veneers Melbourne:
- The process will begin with the cleaning of your teeth thoroughly and preparing them for the procedure. Your dentist will clean your teeth and ensure that they are clean enough to cement veneers on them.
- If you are getting veneers to repair or correct your damaged teeth then your dentist may need to remove a thin layer of enamel from your teeth. However, if you are getting veneers for cosmetic purposes then trimming your teeth is not necessary.
- When you are getting indirect veneers, after the first step, your dentist will take a frame of your teeth.
- Then they will fabricate them out of your mouth. When the indirect composite veneers are ready, they will be cemented by etching your teeth and then applying a special type of adhesive to your teeth.
- Your dentist then cements these veneers on your adhesive-applied teeth. This adhesive will help veneers to stay in their place.
- Then, with the help of light, your dentist will harden the adhesive and glue veneers to your teeth.
- After this process, the dentist will clean up and polish your teeth to eliminate any edges and ruff portions.
If you are self-conscious about your smile then composite veneers Melbourne can work wonders for you. They are an effective solution to your imperfect and damaged teeth. However, this treatment is expensive, so research well before deciding on the cosmetic treatment for your damaged teeth.
Get more stories like this in your inbox!
Sign up for our newsletter and receive regular updates.