Melbourne’s iconic Federation Square is set to sizzle this February as it hosts a spectacular summer extravaganza, and the spotlight shines brightly on none other than Filipino drag sensation, Taylor Sheesh. With an impressive lineup of live music, outdoor cinema, and unique performances, this month-long celebration promises to be a highlight for Melbourne’s Filipino-Australian community and beyond.
Taylor Sheesh Takes the Stage in Melbourne
Born to Filipino parents, Taylor Sheesh has taken the internet by storm with his unique blend of glamour, humour, and artistry. A viral sensation, Sheesh is renowned for his captivating performances that have earned him a global following. On February 16, Taylor Sheesh will grace Fed Square with a free performance, offering fans and Melbourne Swifties a rare opportunity to witness his extraordinary talent up close. Taylor Sheesh will be on stage between 7:30pm-9:30pm.
Known for pushing boundaries and defying conventions, Taylor Sheesh’s appearance promises to be a mesmerising spectacle that transcends traditional drag performances. With a blend of Filipino culture and international flair, his act is sure to leave a lasting impression on the Melbourne audience.
Summer Extravaganza at Fed Square: A Feast of Music and Cinema
Fed Square’s Summer at the Square program is set to delight audiences of all ages throughout February. The diverse lineup includes silent films with live scores on Tuesdays, outdoor cinema on Wednesdays, live music by candlelight on Thursdays, and live music on Saturdays.
Silent films with live scores on Tuesdays
- February 13: The enchanting 1918 Australian romantic classic The Sentimental Bloke accompanied by a live score by Paul Mac.
- February 20: A quartet screening of Experimental Shorts with a cross-cultural contemporary jazz score by Peter Knight and Dũng Nguyễn.
- February 27: The timeless 1923 American film Our Hospitality with an original live score by 5-piece ensemble Blue Grassy Knoll.
Outdoor Cinema on Wednesdays
- February 14: Pack a Valentine’s Day picnic for a romantic screening of six-category Oscar award-winning musical, La La Land.
- February 21: Harp back to 1969 Harlem with Oscar award-winning music documentary Summer of Soul.
- February 28: Shimmy the night away with AACTA award-winning Australian musical The Sapphires.
Live music by candlelight on Thursdays
- February 15: ARIA award-winning, Coodjinburra artist Budjerah.
- February 22: The King of Cabaret, Rueben Kaye.
- February 29: Triple J Unearthed High winner, JACOTÉNE.
Melbourne’s Must-See Events This February
Don’t miss this opportunity to celebrate the diversity of Melbourne’s cultural offerings and witness the magic that Taylor Sheesh brings to the stage. For a full program and event details, visit Fed Square’s website at fedsquare.com/events/summer-at-the-square. Melbourne is gearing up for an unforgettable February, and it all begins at Fed Square!