Coronavirus has completely changed the way we used to live our lives. Maintaining social distancing, working from home, sanitizing hands, wearing face masks, etc., out of all, Covering the face is one of the effective ways to prevent the spread of the coronavirus. In the present scenario, when we have the second wave of coronavirus infection spreading rapidly, you must not ignore your safety and choose the right type of mask.
There are different materials like Fabric masks, surgical masks and N95 masks readily available in the market. Whether you are working in the office or running errands, wearing a mask is important, and this blog will provide you with some additional information about masks.
Helpful information about fabric mask
Fabric masks have become very popular. These are highly customizable, you can get them designed the way you want, and they are also effective in controlling the spread of infectious bacteria and viruses. The following segment highlights some of the noticeable aspects of fabric mask:
- Fabrics masks are more effective- Some fabrics effectively prevent the virus from spreading; one example is a canvas. It prevents the virus from penetrating, thus being effective in controlling the spread of the virus. Every fabric has different size spacing between individual yarn, now this size can be smaller in some fabrics, and in some, it may be larger. The virus particles can easily penetrate through these holes if the gap is large, and it would be difficult for the virus particles to pass through if the gap is smaller.
- Choose tightly woven fabric – When you buy a face mask made from clothes, the tightly woven fabric offers better protection. Since the fabric is tightly woven, the size of the hole is small, thus reducing the probability of virus particles sneaking through it.
- Multi-layer fabric mask is a good choice – Another parameter you must consider when buying fabric masks is to choose a multi-layer mask. It increases filtration, thereby reducing the probability of the spread of the virus. It would be best if you bought a multi-layer mask. You have to choose a mask that offers a good balance of filtration and breathability
- Don’t buy knit material masks – While knit materials may seem comfortable, but using a face mask made from knit material is not the right thing. These are highly stretchy materials, which also expand the holes of yarn, thus proving to be porous for the flow of virus. Hence, you must avoid using knit material as a face mask.
- The right fitting is essential – When you wear a mask, its quality and fitting should be the best. Wearing a loose mask will not only irritate you but touching the mask, again and again, to adjust it can be a potential threat to spread the infection. It is advised not to touch the mask again and again. If you are wearing an ill-fitted mask, it will keep falling and uncover your nose and mouth, and if you are wearing a smaller-sized mask, you will put unnecessary pressure on your nose and ears and may also have trouble breathing. To avoid all these hassles, you must choose the best-fitted mask.
Wrapping it up
This was the basic information about fabric face masks. If you are planning to buy one, make sure that you keep the parameters mentioned above in your checklist. You must wash the fabric mask after every use. To know if the fabric mask that you just bought is the right here is a trick, light a candle or a lighter, wear your mask and try to blow the candle or the lighter. If the flame goes off, that means it is not a suitable fabric mask. If the flame is still on, that means it is the best mask for you.
About the author: Amelia Varley writes about different topics like health, home décor, Automotive, Business, Food, Lifestyle, Finance, Flowers, etc.