After a long lockdown, help keep Australia open.
You can help keep the community safe by showing proof of your COVID-19 vaccination when you visit a business, venue or event.
The COVID-19 digital certificate is the easiest way to prove you are vaccinated.
You can get your COVID-19 digital certificate from the Australian Government for free.
- Create a myGov account if you don’t have one.
- Link your Medicare or Individual Healthcare Identifier (IHI) number to myGov.
- Download your COVID-19 digital certificate from your Medicare online account through myGov.
You can then add your COVID-19 digital certificate to your state’s check-in app (e.g. Service Victoria, Service NSW, etc.).
Showing a COVID-19 digital certificate when you check-in to a business, venue or event means they can open to more people.
Some businesses are only allowed to open to vaccinated people. They will ask to see your COVID-19 digital certificate before you enter.
Some people will need to prove they are vaccinated to go to work.
You can ask for your COVID-19 digital certificate from the place you got vaccinated. This could be your doctor, your pharmacy or a community centre.
If you still cannot access your certificate, call Services Australia on 1800 653 809 and ask them to send it to you. It can take up to 14 days to arrive in the post.
For more information visit call the Coronavirus Hotline on 1800 675 398. Press 0 for an interpreter.
- Coronavirus jokes to ease the stress
- A day in the life of a COVID healthcare worker
- The pain of losing my three brothers this year