Concerned Members of Fiesta file court case

The Concerned Members of the Philippine Fiesta Inc. filed a Statement of Complaint on 17 March 2014 at the Melbourne Magistrates’ Court against the Philippine Fiesta of Victoria, Inc. (PFVI) and eleven members of its current Management Committee. The Concerned Members, being the Plaintiffs, are represented by Access Law.

The court action, according to Ms Maina Walkley, was triggered by the action of the Management Committee to expel and ban them from membership of PFVI for five years and seven years for others.

Ms Walkley stated that the Concerned Members had been open with the Filipino community of their concerns with the management of the Philippine Fiesta of Victoria, Inc. Now that they have shown their seriousness about resolving these matters, they are asking the Filipino community to be visible in their support of their cause.

Concerned Members’ Fundraising night
A Dinner Dance Fund Raising Night is scheduled on Saturday, 17 May at the Whitehorse Club, 298-336 Burwood Highway, East Burwood. This is the opportunity, she said, to renew, re-unite and reminisce the old times of the Philippine Fiesta. She especially welcomes former Beauty Quest participants, parents and supporters and former committee members who built Philippine Fiesta and acquired the property with their blood, sweat, tears and money. “Help us re-build the Philippine Fiesta of Victoria for all Filipinos, one we can all be proud of,” she said.

No further comment from PFVI
Meanwhile, The Philippine Times, had an email interview with Ross Manuel, the current Philippine Fiesta Chairperson, and he declined to give comments about the case filed against them. “As per our lawyer’s instruction, it is improper to publicly respond or comment on a case already filed before the court. It is on the advice of our lawyer, inappropriate and wrong under these circumstances to reply in any public comment in relation to this matter,” his response to PT’s email.

concerned members

Alice Nicolas
Alice Nicolas
Alice Gregorio Nicolas is the publisher of The Philippine Times.

Hot this week

After May 14 standoff, our Senate now on trial

Senator Bato dela Rosa is ultimately doing what most...

Filipino nursing leaders strengthen global connections at Sydney symposium

Filipino nurses, healthcare leaders and academics from Australia and...

From Akulaku to Skyro: Why Fintech Lenders Are Surpassing Banks in Southeast Asia

From BNPL solutions to AI-powered credit scoring, fintech companies...

How to Choose a Wine Gift That Feels Thoughtful, Not Generic

Wine is one of those gifts people reach for...

Diphtheria cases rise in Australia as families urged to check vaccination records

Australia recorded 223 diphtheria notifications as of 19 May...

Topics

After May 14 standoff, our Senate now on trial

Senator Bato dela Rosa is ultimately doing what most...

Filipino nursing leaders strengthen global connections at Sydney symposium

Filipino nurses, healthcare leaders and academics from Australia and...

From Akulaku to Skyro: Why Fintech Lenders Are Surpassing Banks in Southeast Asia

From BNPL solutions to AI-powered credit scoring, fintech companies...

How to Choose a Wine Gift That Feels Thoughtful, Not Generic

Wine is one of those gifts people reach for...

Diphtheria cases rise in Australia as families urged to check vaccination records

Australia recorded 223 diphtheria notifications as of 19 May...

UST Father Rector Visits Down Under

When Very Reverend Fr. Richard G. Ang, O.P., landed...

Volunteers keeping communities alive in Australia

As Australia marks National Volunteer Week from 18 to...

Travelling overseas? What you need to know as global tensions affect travel

For many Filipino-Australian families, travel is part of life...

Related Articles

Popular Categories